Household Worker's Payroll Taxes
Why Should You Attend?
- Because the household worker will file for unemployment (despite
what they agreed to when you hired them).
- Because if you’re not declaring them and paying the tax, your homeowners
insurance will not cover them when they are injured and you’ll lose your house.
- Because the government classifies non-payment of payroll tax as tax
- Because you will pay penalties you can’t afford.
- Because you need to know if the babysitter should be on payroll or not.
- Because household employment has weird rules, due dates and forms.
What We Will Cover:
- Who is a household employee?
- Practical examples with completed forms for a sample family.
- We’ll sort out the blizzard of California and IRS forms you may have to file.
- When do you have to withhold from payments to workers?
- When and how do you send payments to the government?
- “I ‘forgot’ to withhold”; how to gross up wages.
- What records do you need to keep, and for how long?
Click here to download the flyer.
Click here to find your class in the calendar.